Harassment isn’t cool and it includes, but is not limited to:
• Offensive comments or jokes related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, body size, age, race, national origin, immigration status, or religion.
• Gratuitous or off-topic sexual images or behavior in spaces where they’re not appropriate.
• Physical contact and simulated physical contact (eg, textual descriptions like “*hug*” or “*backrub*”) without consent or after a request to stop.
• Threats of violence.
• Incitement of violence towards any individual, including encouraging a person to commit suicide or to engage in self-harm.
• Deliberate intimidation.
• Stalking or following.
• Harassing photography or recording, including logging online activity for harassment purposes.
• Harming the discussion or community with methods such as sustained disruption, interruption, or blocking of community collaboration (i.e. trolling).
• Unwelcome sexual attention.
• Pattern of inappropriate social contact, such as requesting/assuming inappropriate levels of intimacy with others.
• Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease.
• Deliberate “outing” of any aspect of a person’s identity without their consent except as necessary to protect vulnerable people from intentional abuse.
• Non-consensual publication of private correspondence.
• Unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, drugs, and employment.
• Deliberate misgendering or use of ‘dead’ or rejected names.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
If a member engages in harassing behavior, the core leadership team retain the right to take any actions they deem appropriate to keep Wonder CC a welcoming environment for all members. This includes but is not limited to warning the offender, an apology, being asked to leave the community, or if necessary, calling the police.
If you are being harassed by a member, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact the Response Team at Wonder CC.
The current Response Team is:
If the person who is harassing you is on the team, they will recuse themselves from handling your incident. Please contact us via email or phone and ee will respond as promptly as we can.